Social media, will it ever be an easy sphere to navigate? Of course! In fact, it really already is. There is so much to consider when marketing your brand through social media that sometimes, it’s easier to remember what not to do than what to do.
Every brand will inherently possess a different approach to social media. Platforms vary contingent on industry and posts hinge on consumer market interests. Without being aware of what social media mistakes you could be making, it can be hard to understand why some areas of your campaign are not unrolling as smoothly as anticipated.
Here are the top marketing mistakes to avoid on social media:
- Just doing it. Do not just do it. Go at your social media with a plan of attack. Understand who you are trying to reach and why. Make sure you know how to best reach these consumers- platforms, times, messaging, etc.
- Spamming. Yes, there is some benefit to brand name recognition, but it is detrimental if it only reaches the consumer at inopportune times and becomes a negative part of their day.
- Threading profiles. Meaning, you have one profile that blasts the same messages on all platforms. Giant no! Every platform comes with a different audience and each of those audiences holds different preferences. Cater to them.
- Fake followers. Today’s Instagrammers have probably been Instagramming much longer than you’ve had an account. They see right through fake followers and can spot profiles that have less than a ten percent like ratio. Be authentic, even if you’re small.
- Targeting everyone. No, no, no! Just because social media presents an opportunity to reach an incredibly large audience does not mean you want to reach them all. Continue to target exactly who you want to buy and like your brand. If you collect others along the way, great. But remember, the ultimate goal of any marketing is still to increase your sales!
When you are ready to commit to making a sound social media strategy and are in the market for a solution builder, get in touch with the EM360 team! We’ll make sure we’re all on the same page of what your brand represents, who it caters to and how to take it to the top. We look forward to working with you!